From the Sugru website: “Our dream is to make fixing, modifying and making things easy and fun for anyone, and Sugru is our solution.” So, this review isn’t explicitly techy. However, I’ve used this product for a bunch of tech related issues so I decided that it should count. Sugru is described as a “moldable glue” and as you would expect it has some really cool properties. When you first take it out of the package it feels like playdough and you can mold into any shape you want. Then, once you’ve got it stuck where you want it, you leave it for 12-24 hours and it cures so that it’s still somewhat flexible but now also very durable. So durable that it will hold up in the freezer, or outside, or even in the shower!
There are tons of applications for this, but I’m going to stick with the “techy” ones:
- You can use it to create a new cover on any of your cords that have become stripped
- Create bumpers for iPads or cameras so that they are safer
- Create an iPad holder on the wall to use in the library
- Create a cord organizer so all your plugs are easy to find
- Create feet for a video camera or stick a camera stand to the wall/book shelf.
Find more ideas here: https://sugru.com/
Do I plan to use it?
Already do and now I have an awesome iPad stand in my kitchen and cellphone holder above my bed.
Commitment and Learning Curve
Best for ES MS or HS?
$12.50 for 3 packs