Appear In seems to fully understand that reducing friction is an important element to an apps success as the cost or functionality. Appear.In makes connecting a video conference with up to eight people super easy and with no login required.
Here is how it works:
- Head to their website, Appear.in
- Create a room with an address you create. Example: Appear.In/TalkTime
- Share the link with others
That is it. So simple and quick. Their servers are fast and it works well even in China!
If you decide you want to sign up for the service you can create your own room, choose a background, save contacts, have a chat feature, etc.
Lastly, they just came out with their iOS app.
Sample uses for Appear.In are similar to any other video conferencing software, except there will likely be less friction and tech hurdles at the beginning.
- Connect with experts around the world
- Sponsor a debate between various schools or groups and record the video conference
- Create music together with instruments or singing
- Work collaboratively with another classroom where teachers share their expertise and take turns running the lesson
- Reading buddies with students around the world
- Add a missing parent to a parent teacher conference
- Staff development
Do I Plan to Use It?
Commitment and Learning Curve
Low to none. You just use it; that is what makes it the most appealing.
Best for ES MS or HS?
All grades can use this. Especially the younger ones. They really benefit from reduced friction.