TakingITGlobal’s mission is to empower youth to understand and act on the world’s greatest challenges.
We use the power of online community to facilitate global education, social entrepreneurship, and civic engagement for millions of youth worldwide. Founded in 1999, our award-winning www.tigweb.org is the leading social network for global citizenship, bringing together over 400,000 members with more than 22,000 non-profit organizations across 13 languages. Our TIGed program serves over 3,200 schools in 136 countries with professional development, engaging lesson plans, and collaborative global projects.
Youth everywhere actively engaged and connected in shaping a more inclusive, peaceful and sustainable world.
Who We Serve
We serve youth primarily between the ages of 13 to 30 through:
- an online community and initiatives that focus on enabling actively engaged youth.
- education programs geared towards middle and high school students.
What We Offer:
- Global online social network and hub for civic participation
- Content & tools for educators to facilitate rich, interactive learning experiences
- Outreach & Collaboration tools for events, networks, campaigns, and causes
- Research, development, and sharing of best practices on youth engagement