Chris, Jamie and Michael discuss the articles of the week, enjoy an interview with Emily Grover of EasyBib.com and share their tech tips of the week.
Articles of the week
- I, robot-waiter: inside the Robot Restaurant – in pictures | Technology | guardian.co.uk
- Deeper Learning: Highlighting Student Work | Edutopia
- Lydia Dobyns: A ’21st Century’ Education Is SO Last Century
- Implementing Blogging in the Classroom | Langwitches Blog
- What Your Klout Score Really Means | Wired Business | Wired.com
Should students be thinking about their brand?
- Waldorf Schools: Where Technology Isn’t King | Education News
Interview of the week
EasyBib “The Free Automatic Bibliography and Citation Maker. Save time by creating a Works Cited page instantly in MLA, APA, or Chicago”
Tech tips of the week
|Elementary||Middle School||High School|
|MyStory iPad App: “This app allows your child to draw and add text, voice, and photos to create a storybook of his or her own. After the book is completed, you can share it with friends and family to iBooks, email, or within the app.”||Socrative “Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets.”||Popcorn Maker “makes it easy to enhance, remix and share web video. Use your web browser to combine video and audio with content from the rest of the web — from text, links and maps to pictures and live feeds.”|